NEED ASSISTANCE? Are you struggling to secure daily essentials? You're no alone.
Basic Needs Resources Available in Santa Clara County
Free "Grab and Go" Meals in San José
- Allen Elementary School: 820 Steinbeck Drive
- Almaden Elementary School: 1295 Dentwood Drive
- Canoas Elementary School: 880 Wren Drive
- Galarza Elementary School: 1610 Bird Avenue
- Grant Elementary School: 470 E. Jackson Street
- Learning Options School: 4849 Pearl Avenue
- Ohlone Middle School: 850 N. 2nd Street
- San José High School: 275 N. 24th St
Second Harvest Food Bank Hotline
- Call the Second Harvest Food Connection hotline at 1800-984-3663
- Text “GETFOOD” to 408-455-5181
- Send an email to [email protected]
LifeMoves operates several shelter and service sites in San José including interim shelters, safe parking lots, motel voucher programs, and a drop-in center that provides two meals a day, as well as shower and laundry facilities. For immediate assistance, 2-1-1 will connect you with the appropriate services based on your current needs.
The Bill Wilson Center operates housing programs and other services that can assist students who are homeless or at risk of becoming
Homeless: A representative from the center is available on campus once a week to provide information and referrals. Stop by the Office of Outreach in Room 127 of the RSS Building to make an appointment.
The Winter Faith Collaborative and Saratoga’s Prince of Peace Lutheran Church coordinate overnight “safe parking” sites at churches and other locations, including some near De Anza, for individuals or families who are sleeping in their vehicles. Contact Amigos de Guadalupe in advance to be screened and enrolled in this program, by calling 408-341-6080 or 408-509-2731.
West Valley Community Services housing helps homeless individuals and families find long-term housing, through rental assistance and other support services. You can speak with the case manager who comes to campus twice a month with the mobile food pantry or call 408-255-8033
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County a free matching service house-sharing?locale=en to help people find affordable housing in the form of a rented room with shared space in a private home. You must apply and complete a screening process to be considered. You can start the process by submitting an online inquiry form.