Why is Volunteering important?
Join Us and Help Strengthen Our Community Together.
The Muindi Foundation relies on our generous community partners and volunteers to run our programs and services. Whether you are looking for a one-time volunteer event or a regularly scheduled commitment, we you to join us. Following are are current volunteer opportunities. Contact us today at [email protected] with any specific questions, or to learn more about group events.
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Help Assemble & Distribute Winter Hygiene Care Kits to the Homeless If you can join us for any of these special events, please email Serena at [email protected].
12/3/2022 – Winter Hygiene Care Kit Assembly & Distribution – 9:00 am 12:00 pm
12/10/2022 -Winter Hygiene Care Kit Assembly & Distribution – 9:00 am 12:00 pm
12/17/2022 – Winter Hygiene Care Kit Assembly & Distribution – 9:00 am 12:00 pm
1/14/2022 – Winter Hygiene Care Kit Assembly & Distribution – 9:00 am 12:00 pm
Help with our Winter After School Homework Club
After a successful summer beta program, we are excited to launch our first After School Homework Club! Designed to educate and mentor at-risk elementary aged students in our community, our free program offers a fun and safe place for children to get the extra attention they need from positive and supportive adults.
Our Winter Homework Club starts on Monday, January 30th and runs through Friday, March 17th. We meet Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm.
How can you help?
We are looking for Mentor-Tutors who can commit to one day per week, for a minimum of four weeks in a row. To volunteer, please fill out the application form below. For more information, email [email protected].
We are also in need of healthy snacks for our kids. If you can donate food, or your time in food prep, please email [email protected].
Upcoming Events Needing Volunteers
Tutor and Mentor Application Form
Please fill in the details below and submit, we will get back to you shortly.
Sorry, no volunteer opportunities available at this time. We are working hard to get some awesome volunteering opportunities.